Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great photos. Thanks for posting!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Those are some awesome pics npaden!! How long did it take to run from the Morrison Jeep trail from the river to the top. I have watched a video of guys doing it in Landcruisers and it took like 12 hours.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 7 Posts
    looks like some awesome country good luck on your hunt

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great pictures
    Mathews Heli-m, 70 lb limbs, 29.5 draw, trophy ridge 7 pin sight, qad hdx rest, fuse 8 in stabilizer, g5 6 arrow quiver, cabelas stalker extreme arrow 4 in vanes, G-5 Montec 100 grain broadhead, tru-fire hardcore release

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 7 Posts
    Thanks for the comments everyone. It is beautiful country that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Those are some awesome pics npaden!! How long did it take to run from the Morrison Jeep trail from the river to the top. I have watched a video of guys doing it in Landcruisers and it took like 12 hours.
    I'm sure it would take a lot of time running it in a full sized vehicle. It gets pretty hairy running a regular ATV on it and coming down I had to actually back up a few times to make some of the switchbacks. I don't think I would want to take my Polaris Ranger on it.

Running the ATVs up it wasn't bad though. Probably took around an hour and a half from the bottom all the way to the top. Getting from the bottom to the bench was the worst I thought although some I've talked to say from the bench to the top is the worst. Going up wasn't bad at all to me, maybe even fun, coming down wasn't fun, I'm not sure I want to do that again unless I really need to.

Kind of a crazy world the way things work out, my friends son who lives in Powell just got a new job and his first day of the job was taking a mini-excavator to the Morrison Jeep Trail to do maintenance on it. I would NOT want to run a mini-excavator up and down that thing! He had a track come off twice and after the first time had it figured out that you always need to be running with the blade pointed downhill. He said he was pretty much told not to make it too nice, just move the biggest rocks out of the way and fill in holes that are more than 12" deep. He said the guys at the switchback ranch run full size UTV's on it pretty regularly, I think going up wouldn't be bad, but for sure wouldn't want to run down it on a UTV.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by npaden View Post
    Thanks for the comments everyone. It is beautiful country that's for sure.

I'm sure it would take a lot of time running it in a full sized vehicle. It gets pretty hairy running a regular ATV on it and coming down I had to actually back up a few times to make some of the switchbacks. I don't think I would want to take my Polaris Ranger on it.

Running the ATVs up it wasn't bad though. Probably took around an hour and a half from the bottom all the way to the top. Getting from the bottom to the bench was the worst I thought although some I've talked to say from the bench to the top is the worst. Going up wasn't bad at all to me, maybe even fun, coming down wasn't fun, I'm not sure I want to do that again unless I really need to.

Kind of a crazy world the way things work out, my friends son who lives in Powell just got a new job and his first day of the job was taking a mini-excavator to the Morrison Jeep Trail to do maintenance on it. I would NOT want to run a mini-excavator up and down that thing! He had a track come off twice and after the first time had it figured out that you always need to be running with the blade pointed downhill. He said he was pretty much told not to make it too nice, just move the biggest rocks out of the way and fill in holes that are more than 12" deep. He said the guys at the switchback ranch run full size UTV's on it pretty regularly, I think going up wouldn't be bad, but for sure wouldn't want to run down it on a UTV.
    Oh my!!!! Even though I love sheep hunting, I do NOT like heights. That description and the video I saw pretty much rule that one off my bucket list forever!
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 7 Posts
    Play your own music and watch this for a pretty good idea of what it is like going down it. This guy is in a very squeaky Rzr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCzkyvPyWk

The turn at the 4:00 mark is the one that made me pucker up really good. On my ATV I was pretty sure I was going to make the corner but was going to back up just to be sure. I reached for the front right brake handle and hit the throttle instead. I made the turn.

The 7:30 mark has another good turn.

It looks doable in a UTV, but not what I would consider fun. He actually makes it down in 20 minutes and isn't just blazing or anything. I bet it only took us about 20 - 30 minutes to go up to the bench and another 20 - 30 minutes to got to the top from the bench.

We didn't meet anyone going the other way going up or down. In one of the videos I watched of a dude going up it on his dirtbike he passed several ATV's on their way down. Not sure if 2 UTV's needed to pass each other how you would get it done, I guess back up to a switchback and hope there was room.
    Last edited by npaden; 08-11-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    Awesome pics!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member