Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot Inserts

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 3 Posts

Boot Inserts

Hi folks- I bought a new pair of boots (Schnees 13" Hunters with removable liners) back in the spring for an upcoming elk hunt this fall. My normal shoe/boot size is 11.5. I also have narrow feet (B width) and I am flat footed. I had to order a size 12- its also probably a D width. I really like the boots but have decided I need some sort of insert to provide some arch support and help take up some room. What do you recommend? Also should I put it in the liner or underneath it. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I am also really flatfooted with narrow feet. I wear the Dr. Schoell's (spelling?) inserts for work and hiking. There are probably better ones out there, but those ones are readily available and can be changed out regularly. The arch support ones move around too much for me and I get hot spots, so I just use the soft pad kind. The pads do take up some room in the boot, but mostly it seems in the length area. The wool socks that I don't wear other than hiking or hunting seem to help in the width area the most. What seems to help me the most is good ankle support. My ankles aren't great because of the flat feet, so lacing them tight and sometimes even an ankle brace occasionally to help out because the boots seem to fold over when they get broken in because of the flat feet problem. Don't laugh but I have been doing yoga lately and I am surprised at how it stretches out my feet and the arches actually seem stronger. I haven't tried any liners, though. It might be something for me to look into, too. I am not sure that helped at all other than having someone else with flat feet on here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 3 Posts
    I just got some Lathrop and Sons inserts... they are amazing. Not much thicker than the stock insoles but a waaaayyyy more comfortable. They are expensive, but I'm glad I finally spent the money on them.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tdcour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcour View Post
    I just got some Lathrop and Sons inserts... they are amazing. Not much thicker than the stock insoles but a waaaayyyy more comfortable. They are expensive, but I'm glad I finally spent the money on them.

How expensive are we talking about?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvidrine View Post
    How expensive are we talking about?
    50-60 if I remember right. Check out the website lathropandsons.com
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use PowerStep inserts. Just about any shoe you buy anymore, the inserts in them are garbage, so whenever I get new shoes I automatically get new inserts for them. They are about $50 a pair; the guy in the old time shoe store where I get them says if you have flat feet and need arch support these are the best you can get before going to custom orthotics. They made a tremendous difference for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks for the advice. I will check these out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcour View Post
    X2 I have the Synergy in all my hunting and daily work boots. Love them!
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use superfeet, green or orange. The orange is softer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    synergy makes an amazing insert, ill replace my high-end boot inserts with these ones. heck I was turned on to them by this forum last year