Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Is the 600 the one with the camera? I got an Oregon 450t a couple years ago (on the Cabelas sale Alabama missed. lol) and I have been very happy with it and have no complaints at all! If Im not mistaken Mike Eastman used an Oregon 600 or 650.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Is the 600 the one with the camera? I got an Oregon 450t a couple years ago (on the Cabelas sale Alabama missed. lol) and I have been very happy with it and have no complaints at all! If Im not mistaken Mike Eastman used an Oregon 600 or 650.
    Rub it in why don't you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 1 Post
    I have no problems with the Oregon 600. Works great with the landowner chips. I update with garmin whenever I goto the basemap to customize the Birdseye aerials. The battery save mode works well.
    I would get a week out of it in backpacking in before I had to swap batteries.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    battery life info for a Montana 600 but probably applicable to the Oregon 600 as well:

http://garminmontanagpsr.wikispaces....Battery%20Life

I bought a handful of the Lithiums a cpl days ago after reading this and will test them this weekend. The Factory ION bat pack numbers are pretty accurate.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a Garmin Oregon 450t with a landowner chip, it worked wonderfully in the field, but even the 450t eats regular Duracell AA batteries like candy. Day to day and a half tops before they go dead. I'll try Lithium (as recommended) next time out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    The 500 series has the camera. I have a 550t, and haven't had any problems with it. When I bought mine, I don't think there was a 600 series -- so maybe whatever the upgrade was to that series needs some time to work out the kinks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I bought one about two weeks ago. It is a very good piece of equipment. I have taken it out on a couple of hikes and scouting trips and have had no issues.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm having the same issues. I've been told to buy the Oregon 450 or 650, but the reviews on the 62 seem to be better. I think I like the fact that the 62 has buttons, vs a touch screen. Since you'll probably have gloves on when hunting. I still don't know what to do!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino57106 View Post
    I'm having the same issues. I've been told to buy the Oregon 450 or 650, but the reviews on the 62 seem to be better. I think I like the fact that the 62 has buttons, vs a touch screen. Since you'll probably have gloves on when hunting. I still don't know what to do!!
    I recently bought a Garmin 62 from Cabella's ... I went with this over the Oregon because it was on sale (cheaper), it will do everything I need (especially with the landowner chip) and uses buttons which I find better in cold weather when wearing gloves than a touch screen.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 11C50 View Post
    I have a Garmin Oregon 450t with a landowner chip, it worked wonderfully in the field, but even the 450t eats regular Duracell AA batteries like candy. Day to day and a half tops before they go dead. I'll try Lithium (as recommended) next time out.
    Lithium batteries are essential to get any kind of battery life in high drain appliances like GPS units. Turning off the constant tracking feature will also help preserve battery life.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA