Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Advice on frame pack

I was wondering what kind of frame packs you guys use for hauling meat? I have a pack that i use to hunt out of and take the first load to the truck. But i want to buy a frame pack just for hauling meat. I noticed there are a lot packs out there, which ones do you guys prefer?

Thanks
    Badlands OX!
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    The cabela's alaskan frame pack is really hard to beat good price and excellent padding and ventilation. I packed out a 900lb 6x7 and the hind quarters had to be close to 150. I may be off a bit but it was way way more than any other elk I had ever packed but even under that much load it was still not bad my old pack would have been cutting my shoulders bad with much less than that.

Thanks
    Try looking at the Kelty Cache Freighter Frame pack. $99.99
    It was designed to haul and haul heavy. The thing that I really was drawn to on this pack was the meat shelf had metal folding supports and not webbing straps. A very solid design. It also has a full blaze orange rain cover stored in a pocket right under the meat shelf. REALLY nice to have a nice blaze orange cover over a pack when your packing horns out....it makes it normally a safer hike out and less likely to get shot at due to your nice trophy set of antlers on your back.(less likely as in some states its still a crap shoot till your safely home!! lol ).

The waist belt is massively padded and transfers the weight so well. The shoulder straps are thick and it has great load lifters built into the back harness. Of coarse it also has a mess back panel that is adjustable to allow a near perfect fit for just about anyone.
    The best part is the kids love to be the training weights on spring and early summer hikes.
    I hunt because........

Thanks
    Hornhunter Hybrid Curl Frame Sweet Pack

Thanks
    If you want the ultimate frame pack take a serious look at Barneys from Alaska. Your gonna pay a hefty price for one but that is the by far the best pack frame out there.

Thanks
    MT backcountry hunter, I was curious about the Barneys backpacks that you mentioned above but I could not find them on the internet. Do you have a website?
    I recently looked at a couple of backpacks at Sportsmans Warehouse in Twinn Falls, Idaho and tried a few on. I'm not really interested in getting a Badlands Ox but it was very comfortable. One tag said that it weighed in at 9 lbs and another tag said a little over 6 lbs. If I was in the market I would check it out. fatrooster.

Thanks
    Here is a link to their website, http://www.barneyssports.com/ The couple of buddies that own them gave them a call just to get a frame as that is not listed on their site. I would spend the extra money and get a pack frame that you can adjusted to your torso size, its gonna make that pack ride a lot more comfortable for you.

Thanks
    I have a Barney's frame and believe it is the best out there. I have had 2 different cabelas frames, Dana Design Shortbed and several internal frame packs. I don't know the technology behind it all but do know which one carries heavy loads the best.

Thanks
    I just bought the alaskan pack frame by cabelas. Its incredibly light and incredibly cheap. Im sure its not the comfiest pack but it will pack out more weight than I can carry.