Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 11 Posts

Outdoor Edge Razor Blaze Knife

How many of you have read this review in the latest EHJ or used the knife? What are your thoughts comparing it to Havalon?

Eastmans' Staff Digital Media Coordinator

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 85 Times in 10 Posts
    I haven't read the review yet but I own the knife. I absolutely love it... no complaints at all.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    I'd like to get one, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'd be curious for those who've used both as to a replaceable blade strength comparison. The Havalon is a great knife, but it has it's limitations as in the blades won't handle hardly any torque without breaking.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    I'd like to get one, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'd be curious for those who've used both as to a replaceable blade strength comparison. The Havalon is a great knife, but it has it's limitations as in the blades won't handle hardly any torque without breaking.
    This is a pretty smoking deal on getting one, just the cost of Shipping and Handling with a subscription or renewal. We are planning to use these this fall but have been having discussing them a bit around the office.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 4 Posts
    I would think that the blade on the Outdoor Edge would be a little stronger, just with added support that the blade slides into versus the Havalon just being a thin blade. This will be the first year I will be using the Havalon, so the old Buck knife is going with me to until I know what the Havalon can do. Does anyone know what the weight difference is?
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    This is a pretty smoking deal on getting one, just the cost of Shipping and Handling with a subscription or renewal. We are planning to use these this fall but have been having discussing them a bit around the office.
    Sent my renewal in today. Looking forward to comparing the knife to the Havalon.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    I have the Havalon and it is my go to knife for nearly everything. I really like the design of the Outdoor Edge and I read the review. My only complaint about the blaze knife are the blades. You would have to buy their brand specific blades and though I haven't seen a price, I am sure they are expensive. To me anyway. I get the Havalon blades from my brother who works in the medical field for like 10 cents a piece or something like that. Sure....you torque the havalon and they break. Plain and simple. But once I got used to using it I am breaking a lot fewer blades. I've used a fixed blade buck knife for years. So I really broke a lot of blades at first. Just let the knife do the work and you'll break a lot fewer.

Still....I think the blaze is a great looking piece and I'll probably get one eventually. Just wish they hadn't made the blades so proprietary is all.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Just renewed my subscription to get the knife. Shipping and Handling is $9.99.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    do auto renewal just get one shipped out?

hope eastmans' doesn't forget about us...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
    Just renewed my subscription to get the knife. Shipping and Handling is $9.99.
    Here is the kicker on that thing, they are $49.95 on the OE website.