Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    No I did not an e-mail.
    I am setup on auto renewal as of last year for both magazines. Been a subscriber to both for several years. :-)
    Got my email, so I see how to get my knife. Thanks for following up on this. My order will be coming.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I suppose my response should have went to Scott instead. Thanks BC for bringing this up too. Hopefully you have received your email.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have hunted the SE US for many years but am new to western big game hunting. I have been in the market for a new knife and looked closely at both the Outdoor Edge and the Havalon. I have also been thinking about subscribing to Eastmans magazines. When I saw this promo I subscribed to EBJ and EHJ and got the knife. Talk about a win-win situation. Thanks!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MT dreaming For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    I would think that the blade on the Outdoor Edge would be a little stronger, just with added support that the blade slides into versus the Havalon just being a thin blade. This will be the first year I will be using the Havalon, so the old Buck knife is going with me to until I know what the Havalon can do. Does anyone know what the weight difference is?
    Just got mine, a quick review shows it is easier to load a blade than the Havalon, more rigid, it is heavier and will preform more like a knife than the havalon.

I havent used it yet, but overall I do like it. The havalon will continue to be my lite weight backpacking knife as I think it will be easier to cape out a deer, the Edge might preform better on elk in that case.

Im used to scapels, so those used to a knife will likely like the Outdoor Edge.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just cut up an elk using 1 blade. Thought it was a great knife.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westenvy View Post
    I just cut up an elk using 1 blade. Thought it was a great knife.
    Well lets see pictures of the elk!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    A local sporting goods store had them on sale for $34 which included a free package of blades so I bit. I was reading reviews and some guys were saying the black blade holder sits too far down on the blade. Being a guy who likes to tinker, I ground off part of the blade holder and then sharpened the edges so they run to a sharp edge on both sides to the blade. It looks factory and it still has nice bits of my big horn sheep that I shot the other day...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blaze.jpg  

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple BB View Post
    A local sporting goods store had them on sale for $34 which included a free package of blades so I bit. I was reading reviews and some guys were saying the black blade holder sits too far down on the blade. Being a guy who likes to tinker, I ground off part of the blade holder and then sharpened the edges so they run to a sharp edge on both sides to the blade. It looks factory and it still has nice bits of my big horn sheep that I shot the other day...
    All these people talking about how this knife did well on my Elk, Sheep, ect....and not a single picture of the trophy attached. Come on guys
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker