Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts

Let's use this tool for another purpose!

Tri2hunt is the gentleman's forum name, his real name is Micah his wife's name is Rebecca and cb is the infants name. The story is truly heartbreaking in my opinion.

Cb has been diagnosed with a rare disease called Canavan disease. The story and outline can be found here. http://www.gofundme.com/ch0vtc

Tri2hunt is not a member of Eastman's forum that I am aware of. But I feel the internet can be used as a powerful tool. Were all here to help fellow sportsman, wether it be for camping critique, good spots or a boost of morale when the season gets a bit tough. Well, tri2hunt/Micah and family are having a pretty rough season, and cb's season is over far too soon. This is a story that no parent wishes to endure.

I challenge anyone to watch the video of a 9 month old giggling and smiling and try to understand that the child's fate has already been written with a doctors diagnosis. Spend a second in the parent shoes, and not reach for the tissues or close the office doors. (Just click on "updated messages" on the gofundme page and watch the 30 second vid of cb's first giggles)

This gofundme page was created by another group of sportsman after tri2hunt had posted his beloved rifle for sale in the classifieds to hopefully fund some medical bills that will be piling up shortly. This same group of sportsman basically responded with " keep your rifle! We've got you covered" and have raised over 12,000 dollars to date by offering extra items that they haven't a need for in the name of a charity auction.

Here is the original thread:
    http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showt...fortunate-sale

Here is the official raffle thread:
    http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showt...139#post245139

It's a win win for all. Throw a few extra bucks in the pot, have an opportunity to help a fellow sportsman in need and also possibly win some really nice gear that has been donated by others.

Mods may delete this accordingly because I realize there are references to competing forums and websites. Or they could turn another stone, post this via Facebook for even more sportsman to see. In turn helping the cause that much more.

Thanks for your time fellas!
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    I say keep it. This is very sad and I couldn't imagine going through it. I also say that it is great to see us coming together as a group to help another sportsman out like this. Thanks for posting HS....
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 75 Times in 8 Posts
    Maybe we can do our own version here on Eastman's?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    Maybe we can do our own version here on Eastman's?
    I will contact Tri2hunt and get him over here! I'm not sure eastmans crew would want to take part in this. Looking from their side of the table there is always the chance someone would get upset about not winning and take it out on them. As crazy as it sounds there would actually be a bit of liability on the line. Unfortunately that's how the world turns this day and age. Feedback is accepted to the fullest and supporting the cause is what this has been allowed to do. Two separate raffles all going into the same cause would not hurt a thing!
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's use this tool for another purpose!

I have watched this unfold over on that other forum and I'm glad you are getting the word out HS. I do not participate in the forum but this is truly a touching story and the action that has been taken is unbelievable. As a father of a young child the story breaks my heart. It is things like this seeing sportsman band together that makes me proud of being one of them.
    Last edited by NVBird'n'Big; 08-13-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 9 Posts
    This won't be bumped guys, it's a good cause. Andrew talked with me ahead of time about posting as well.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Tri2hunt is the gentleman's forum name, his real name is Micah his wife's name is Rebecca and cb is the infants name. The story is truly heartbreaking in my opinion.

Cb has been diagnosed with a rare disease called Canavan disease. The story and outline can be found here. http://www.gofundme.com/ch0vtc

Tri2hunt is not a member of Eastman's forum that I am aware of. But I feel the internet can be used as a powerful tool. Were all here to help fellow sportsman, wether it be for camping critique, good spots or a boost of morale when the season gets a bit tough. Well, tri2hunt/Micah and family are having a pretty rough season, and cb's season is over far too soon. This is a story that no parent wishes to endure.

I challenge anyone to watch the video of a 9 month old giggling and smiling and try to understand that the child's fate has already been written with a doctors diagnosis. Spend a second in the parent shoes, and not reach for the tissues or close the office doors. (Just click on "updated messages" on the gofundme page and watch the 30 second vid of cb's first giggles)

This gofundme page was created by another group of sportsman after tri2hunt had posted his beloved rifle for sale in the classifieds to hopefully fund some medical bills that will be piling up shortly. This same group of sportsman basically responded with " keep your rifle! We've got you covered" and have raised over 12,000 dollars to date by offering extra items that they haven't a need for in the name of a charity auction.

Here is the original thread:
    http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showt...fortunate-sale

Here is the official raffle thread:
    http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showt...139#post245139

It's a win win for all. Throw a few extra bucks in the pot, have an opportunity to help a fellow sportsman in need and also possibly win some really nice gear that has been donated by others.

Mods may delete this accordingly because I realize there are references to competing forums and websites. Or they could turn another stone, post this via Facebook for even more sportsman to see. In turn helping the cause that much more.

Thanks for your time fellas!
    Thank you all for the support. I cannot believe how the hunting community has come together to help our family. We are just devastated at the news and really appreciate the giving of time, donations, and prayers. We are truly humbled by this experience! The generosity of the hunting forums has been amazing.
    I would like to let everyone know that there are raffles through Rokslide and Quick Draw Archery.
    Thank you so much for all the support.
    Micah, Rebecca and Family,

Thanks
    Congratulations
    PayPal sent.

I couldn't get myself to watch the video. I'm too much of a softy when it comes to kids.

They have raised $12,000 on http://www.gofundme.com/ch0vtc and who knows how much more on paypal. If you have a paypal account, it is really easy to donate to micah_chappell@yahoo.com.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to grizzly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    This guy is 30 miles from me. I cant imagine it either. I donated but didnt enter the raffle. To me its about helping these people not what I might win and I hope someone would help me if I were in a situation like that.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    Man, that makes you stop and pause and realize how blessed you are.

Going to jump on paypal asap.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7