Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    I wonder about something like F&G installing signs at the corner crossing points. No sign…it's illegal to cross. The surveys are done in many areas and the survey hubs are in place.
    The private owners would just take the F&G signs down an put up a posted sign.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Do we have any BHA members on here besides Scott?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 31 Times in 6 Posts
    By the time our current president leaves office, the national debt will have doubled under his leadership.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agreed, Canada does a great job of managing the timber industry in BC. I have hunted and fished up there many times and I'm always amazed at how they manage to generate low impact revenue from their timber industry while still maintaining a good balance with wildlife and recreation concerns. But guess what? The way I understand it they manage those things at the provincial/local level. -G
    N. Guy Eastman
    Publisher
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 31 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    The private owners would just take the F&G signs down an put up a posted sign.
    Create and incentive for landowners to post the corners, such as landowner tags that can be sold for private land use only, kinda like what is used in New Mexico. The landowner wins (more cash), the public hunters win (access to more public land).
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Do we have any BHA members on here besides Scott?
    There are several others that are involved. Seek Outside is a sponsor of theirs and they are also a sponsor of this forum through the backpack giveaway they did.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I completely agree with you Tim. The designation of Wilderness allows the Feds to go over the top with regulation and limitations. I think we have plenty of Wilderness as it is. -G
    I disagree, only 2.7% of the lower 48 is wilderness designation, and IMO the Wilderness Act was one of the greatest pieces of legislation to make it's way through DC. This doesn't mean that we have to increase that percentage to 10%, but wilderness is vital for great hunting (and general recreation opportunities).

How many hunters our there do you hear say "I wish there were more 4 wheelers and road hunters".

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jryoung View Post
    I disagree, only 2.7% of the lower 48 is wilderness designation, and IMO the Wilderness Act was one of the greatest pieces of legislation to make it's way through DC. This doesn't mean that we have to increase that percentage to 10%, but wilderness is vital for great hunting (and general recreation opportunities).

How many hunters our there do you hear say "I wish there were more 4 wheelers and road hunters".
    My personal opinion I think there is a middle ground on this issue. find something between Wilderness and BLM such as how the National forest in G and H is managed in Wyoming.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We'll probably never have full agreement on how our public lands are managed, but I would sure hope that we can all agree that we need to do what we can to keep our public lands from being sold off.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    By the time our current president leaves office, the national debt will have doubled under his leadership.
    Moot point as this is true for every administration since Carter (save Clinton).