Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks for getting on here guy! This is a subject we need to not only talk about but get politically involved.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 48 Times in 7 Posts
    What do you Wyoming residents think of Wyoming's wilderness restrictions on non-residents (must hire a guide) on federal "wilderness" land, when that same person can do the same activities on their own (hiking, backpacking, etc), so long as they aren't hunting.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think we can all agree that protecting our public lands is probably more important than anything else. Even if the game numbers drop they can be brought back using a number of management tools, but once the public land is gone, we can never get it back again. Public land loss is permanent, period. I encourage all who agree to head over to the Backcountry Hunters & Anglers website and sign their Sportsman's Pledge.

The names on these pledges are the political fuel that helps them to get things done on the political level. Politicians are afraid of groups with voices, and that is what we need to become.

G-
    N. Guy Eastman
    Publisher
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jryoung View Post
    Moot point as this is true for every administration since Carter (save Clinton).

Not exactly a moot point. 5 billion added debt is far different than 10 billion added debt.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree. We can argue over management all day long, and we should its a healthy debate, but when it comes to public land for sale, I say no way in hell!!! -G
    N. Guy Eastman
    Publisher

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Not exactly a moot point. 5 billion added debt is far different than 10 billion added debt.

sorry..meant trillion.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What do you Wyoming residents think of Wyoming's wilderness restrictions on non-residents (must hire a guide) on federal "wilderness" land, when that same person can do the same activities on their own (hiking, backpacking, etc), so long as they aren't hunting.
    I'm not a WY resident, but there is only one thought that comes to mind. Outfitter Welfare

Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I would venture to say that most of the WY residents absolutely love that law. And for that reason alone, I doubt it will change any time soon. -G
    N. Guy Eastman
    Publisher

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm usually with UH on most issues, but his comment about landowner viouchers is not one I like. The entire reason for landowners wanting to keep corner jumping against the law is strictly to benefit themselves or the outfitters they lease their land to. IMHO there would be no way that they would ever willingly give up control of the public land they have locked up because of the huge amounts of money they make right now by either outfitting themselves or leasing the land for huge amounts of money to outfitters. They, in turn, charge ridiculous prices to hunt the property for just a few days and it's taking the common man right out of being able to hunt on lands that used to be open for just a handshake, mending a few fences for the owner, etc.

Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I personally think its a stupid law. -G
    N. Guy Eastman
    Publisher