Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Topgun,
    I have studied the issue. I have also studied the intent of the founding fathers. That is how I came to my conclusion. Each state is best able to decide what is best for itself.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Topgun,
    I have studied the issue. I have also studied the intent of the founding fathers. That is how I came to my conclusion. Each state is best able to decide what is best for itself.
    Question---If the state took control and was going into the red because of fire control amongst other things, how do you think they would bail the state out? I'll answer it for you! They would sell off whatever they could to private interests, thus locking up many more millions of acres that are now available to all citizens for all kinds of recreational interests. We already have a bunch of jackasses in Congress that want to do that just to decrease the massive debt they themselves have created through their previous stupid decisions, as well as some at the state level that espouse taking control just to sell it off and make money for the state with no thought as to the ramifications of what that would mean.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Here's another question for you Vince. What was the intent of the founding fathers that you have studied and how does it involve this issue to lead you to your comment about state control of Federal lands?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    What proof does anyone have that the states (there are a few western states that want to manage their own public land, not just WY) want to take control of the federal land in them because they intend to sell it? I have herd this a few different places but I have not seen any documentation or proof of this.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some of the stuff I have heard on the radio was about oil and gas leases not going through because of the sage grouse protected area or whatever you call it and other things. The beetle kill and restrictions on building logging roads to access timber and things like that are other issues. There are a lot of opinions and different views, but a lot of the drilling right now is on private land or existing leases. I have heard that some leases that went up for sale for coal didn't even get a bid, which is kindof a bad sign, but hopefully not. I think the leases that didn't go through are part of the reason for the topic coming up lately. Packmule was probably right when he said it was all smoke blowing. The feds are kindof making people nervous here with some of the things they are doing, candidates might be playing off of that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It seems like the Feds are really chocking the western states economy's to death with the ESA, EPA and other regs. There has been alot less logging in the last 20 years or so which has all but killed alot of small towns that their main economy was logging and a mill, now we have giant forest fires because the forests are not managed properly. Alot of grazing leases have been revoked or reduced and we end up with giant fires like the Holloway fire in NV because there is somuch fuel from not grazing it properly. I think alot of states are tired of these types of things and want to manage the land in their state. I dont think it has anything to do with wanting to sell the land.
    Keystone 1, Over!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    It seems like the Feds are really chocking the western states economy's to death with the ESA, EPA and other regs. There has been alot less logging in the last 20 years or so which has all but killed alot of small towns that their main economy was logging and a mill, now we have giant forest fires because the forests are not managed properly. Alot of grazing leases have been revoked or reduced and we end up with giant fires like the Holloway fire in NV because there is somuch fuel from not grazing it properly. I think alot of states are tired of these types of things and want to manage the land in their state. I dont think it has anything to do with wanting to sell the land.
    The problem is that selling public land has become part of the party platforms for Republicans in MT and has been proposed in federal budgets coming out of the house. I agree on all counts though MM, much of the management has been poor to say the least but putting it in the hands of people who want to sell it off is not the solution either.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the State of Wyoming ever gets title to all the BLM/ National Forest lands within this state, you can surely kiss DIY hunting goodbye. Wyoming would sell off the ground they got to Ranchers/Outfitters and Foreign interests P.D.Q. As it is now, lease holders pretty much dictate what you can do on school trust lands..NO camping..NO atv's (except theirs) and the list goes on.
    BLM doesn't do the best job managing land, but they aren't planning a fire sale on it either. Taylor Haynes is a rancher, among other things. He's the one who said he'd open Yellowstone & Grand Teton parks to oil/gas drilling....He's too far out there IMO.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If selling public land has been proposed in federal budgets coming out of the house isnt that the Feds wanting to sell it? I have not seen any proof the states want to take control of the public land so they can sell it. From what I have seen the states want to manage the land better and are not happy with the job the feds are doing.

http://helenair.com/news/local/other...9bb2963f4.html

http://americanlandscouncil.org/tag/...-public-lands/
    Keystone 1, Over!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 8 Posts
    MM, it's some Feds, some local, and other extreme candidates.