Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 2 Posts

Pack List for 8 Nights

Here is my list for 8 nights in the backcountry. Tell me the changes you suggest.

FOOD: 7 Mountain House Meals.
    3 breakfast Mountain House Meals.
    5 packets of Tuna in foil packages.
    4 Isagenix protein bars.
    8 rice crispy treats
    2 bags of jerky
    40 pieces of gum
    Gonna take at least one hoagie sandwich on way in for first day. Did this one other year and really enjoyed it.

CLOTHING:
    Sitka Timberline Pants(On me)
    Sitka merino base(On me)
    UnderArmour Heat Gear loose fit(On me)
    Smart wool Socks(On me)
    Lowa Tibets(On me)
    Sitka Gaiters(On me)
    Clothes in pack will be Sitka merino long underwear, Sitka Traverse tops and bottoms, 3 pair of merino underwear,
    2 pair Smartwool socks, Sitka Primaloft jacket, gloves, facemask, and toboggan.

SLEEPING SYSTEM:
    REI Taj3 Tent
    Marmot 15 degree sleeping bag...I get cold at night.
    Thermarest pad
    Small Tarp

FIRST AID and MISCELLANOUS
    Leukotape
    Motrin and Tylenol
    Moleskin
    Bandaids
    Gauze Pads
    Small duct tape roll
    Small bottle of soap
    Small packs of toothpaste
    Deodorant
    Game bags
    Unscented wipes
    Toilet paper
    Vaseline soaked cotton balls
    GPS
    Rangefinder
    Map
    Spray bottle
    Citric acid
    Lighter

CALLS:
    Hooch Mama
    Hyper Lip Single
    Bugling Bulls Mouth Calls

COOKING SYSTEM and WATER:
    Jet Boil
    Plastic fork and knife
    Water Bladder(70oz)
    Iodine
    2 cans of fuel

Things I plan on wearing are my knife and binoculars. I also have rain cover for backpack, zip ties, pen, license/tag, and 4 hefty garbage bags

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I forgot to add obviously my bow(in hand) and packweight. Right now my pack is weighing roughly 42 lbs without water.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 51 Times in 4 Posts
    I would add some fiber pills for helping with the mountain house digestion, also check out the Aquamira water treatment drops. They work fast and don't give you the iodine taste in your water, and I think it helps with the taste. Add a camera, some paracord and a back up release and you should be darn near good to go.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    Be sure your plastic utensils are "durable". Gonna need those! :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    I think you will starve if you dont do some fishing! HAHA. I would have 2 energy bars for each day plus a couple extra incase you have to stay an extra night for some reason. I like the foil packed tuna for lunch but am curious why you dont have 1 for each day? Same with mountain house meals. For breakfast I like poptarts or sometihng like that you dont have to cook since I am always out glassing before I have breakfast. I also like to take some packs of peanut butter crackers. I would also highly recommend a water filter and rain gear.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    Be sure your plastic utensils are "durable". Gonna need those! :-)
    Stop by Cabelas. The plastic forks from their cafe have gone on a couple backpacking trips with me and never let me down! lol
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenness View Post
    I would add some fiber pills for helping with the mountain house digestion, also check out the Aquamira water treatment drops. They work fast and don't give you the iodine taste in your water, and I think it helps with the taste. Add a camera, some paracord and a back up release and you should be darn near good to go.
    Forgot to mention the GoPro camera and the 50' of paracord. Not sure I need fiber. I ate the chili Mac MH meal the other day and it had no problem duplicating itself out the other end. Lol. As for the iodine I also have the other bottle that removes the iodine taste. Thanks for recommendations.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Stop by Cabelas. The plastic forks from their cafe have gone on a couple backpacking trips with me and never let me down! lol
    Got a good set and cheap set just in case.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I think you will starve if you dont do some fishing! HAHA. I would have 2 energy bars for each day plus a couple extra incase you have to stay an extra night for some reason. I like the foil packed tuna for lunch but am curious why you dont have 1 for each day? Same with mountain house meals. For breakfast I like poptarts or sometihng like that you dont have to cook since I am always out glassing before I have breakfast. I also like to take some packs of peanut butter crackers. I would also highly recommend a water filter and rain gear.
    MM I kind of agree. I'm afraid I may not have enough food. One year I carried too much and I don't want to do that. I'm generally not a big breakfast eater so that's the reason for just a few. Also I can use as backup meals if hungry. I love the foil packs of flavored tuna. I add mayonnaise, crackers, and even hot sauce I may add a couple more because they are not a lot of food nor do they take up much room. May throw more protein bars in as well. Rain gear is on the list. Gonna pick some up in St.Louis or Denver on the way out. Haven't found exactly what I'm looking for just yet. Thanks for the input.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My food list each day is something like this. 2 pop tarts, 2 cliff bars, 1 foil pack tuna, 1 pack crackers, 1 mountain house dinner. Sometimes I mix single serve instant mashed potatoes in the mountain house and I have also cut mountain house in 1/2 and added potatoes to spread them out if I stay longer then I planned. I always like to have enough so I can stay 1 extra day comfortably if I need to. Ypu never know what could happen. You will burn alot more energy on a backpack hunt then you think you will and your body needs fuel to keep going.