Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't have much to add to the food list topic, but I have one question. What is the gum for?? I avoid things like gum and jerky that make you salivate excessively because i think it burns up precious hydration. Does this make any sense, or is this just another weird idea that I get in head?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For me it's just one of those items. Probably could go without but I just don't like my breath smelling like a goat. And also it kind of revives me at times for whatever reason. Probably the sugar. As for the jerky I have the same reserve and asked the same question but I enjoy solid food with good flavor. I just hope its not like the country ham my grandma used to make for breakfast, that stuff would have you walking around the yard with the garden hose running because you would be so thirsty.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    I don't have much to add to the food list topic, but I have one question. What is the gum for?? I avoid things like gum and jerky that make you salivate excessively because i think it burns up precious hydration. Does this make any sense, or is this just another weird idea that I get in head?
    I use gum cause I get cotton mouth fairly quickly, doesn't really matter how hydrated I stay. I would think the jerky would be a great source of protein.