Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post

What type of elk activity to expect early season

I am headed out to North Central Colorado to hunt for a few days Starting August 30th for elk with my bow. This is my first archery elk trip, and I am used to hunting elk on winter feeding patterns post rut with a rifle. What type of activity do you expect? What tactics would you expect to be most fruitful this time of the year. The area I will be hunting will be partially private, partially public with elevation ranging from around 7,500 feet on the ranch meadows up to around 11,000 at the top of the forest in the area.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 53 Times in 3 Posts
    Depends on a lot of factors. I hunt in northern Colorado this time of year high thick timber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Rockies are the marrow of the world.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 85 Times in 10 Posts
    Bulls at this time of year are rubbing off velvet and increasing activity some. If you get some decent cold mornings, you may have some bugling but it will be limited. I like to spot and stalk or hunt water holes this time of year but yet be ready to call if the opportunity arises. You may find elk spread through all the elevations you mention as some elk may reside on the private year round while others prefer the higher elevations. Good luck and enjoy the mountains!