Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite PSE

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Favorite PSE

Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a bow in the near future and was looking for your opinions and advice. What is your favorite bow and why? I know a lot of guys are loyal to specific brands so if you have other ideas throw them out!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I love pse, don't overlook bowtech, sleeping giant.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I think I am gonna frankenbow a DNA soon. DNA with full throttle cams should make a 5.5" brace, 31" ata DNA that does 365ibo. I have an omen max and like it but I love my spyder turbo. Thinking a short ata burner and the spyder turbo will make a great pair of bows next year.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've shot them all. Comes down to personnal preferance. One thing to note: Bowtech is easier to tune.
    Just my $0.02
    I'm currently shooting Hoyt Turbo Spider #70lb.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 1 Post
    I am shooting a Hoyt Spyder 30 after being a Mathews fan for years. I am not saying the bow is worth the money, but for me it was the best bow that I shot this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm shooting a PSE DNA SP. I love this bow! With that said, I highly recommend that you find a good bow shop or 2 that have several brands and models of bows. Go in with an open mind (who cares about brand) and shoot every bow they have. Gradually you will find some you like more than others.

I did just this back in February when I picked out my latest bow. Took me about 5 hours over 3 different Saturday's but I found a bow I was extremely happy with and I was able to compare Elite, Bowtech, Bear, Hoyt, Prime, and PSE all in the same shop.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Work2hunt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 6 Posts
    I shoot the original PSE x-force... I love it for the power but it is less forgiving than some other models. I second the post above mentioning shooting several models to get the "feel" for what YOU like. All of todays modern hunting bows have plenty of power so you need to choose a make and model that feels good to you. I have done some shopping around and can honestly say the top makers are all very close right now IMO. Hoyt, Bow Tech, PSE, Bear, and Mathews are my top 5 right now. If I bought a new bow tomorrow it would likely be the one that was the most supported by my local shop. Unless you are an expert, that local support is worth a lot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilltop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    pse brute was and is a solid bow

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 4 Posts
    To add to my original post. A good bow shop will be willing and happy to have you shoot any and all of there bows without pressure towards any one model.

When I was shopping this past February I was down to 3 bows (Elite, Prime, and PSE) that I had a hard time differentiating between. I think it took me 3 hours just to decide between the 3 of them. As mentioned by Hilltop, all the manufactures are producing really great bows and you will be happy with any. Just find one that fits you and your wallet the best.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank you for the input so far, I really appreciate it. The reason I asked specifically about PSE originally (which I should have mentioned) was the I have the opportunity to buy one at cost, which makes me want to focus on PSE for obvious reasons. I will have time soon to go shoot a number of them in a shop close to my place.

Second question/thought: I have not bought a bow that is already set up. How are the accessories that come with a ready to shoot bow?