My Dad and I drew a 1st season 16A archery elk tag. I'm pretty excited! With my Dad getting older and the changes to the draw planned for nonresidents next year, I really want to make the most of this tag since I don't know if we'll ever get to hunt this unit together again.

I was wondering if anyone has hunted this unit before. A couple things I was wondering:
- Are there any areas I should stay away from to avoid the crowds and outfitters?
- What have you done about water? This question is really applicable to most places in the southwest, not just this unit. We drew a Gila unit a couple years ago and I broke my filter trying to get water from muddy water tank. We had to pack in water from the truck 2 miles to our base camp after that - not fun.
- Is there anyone you'd reccomend to help us pack out an elk at a reasonable price? I don't mind doing the work, but given the limited amount of days to hunt, I'd rather not tire us out too much if we still have a chance to fill the other tag (very optimistic thinking, I know).