Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the ED3s. I also bought a set of Diamondbacks to use while the Zen Rays are sent in for warranty. My fault on the damage, I expect to get a new pair but probably not going to make it in time for my elk hunt. As far as glass is concerned I wouldn't give $200. more for ELs. The Zens are not as durable as some of the others. I will be more careful with the next pair. BTW I paid $330.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xtreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    I'm going to spend the extra coin on a pair of primes. I've used my friends vipers scouting few times this year so ill get them back and do a side by side comparison once I get the primes. for anyone interested in the zen-ray warranty I have the link here http://www.zen-ray.com/shop/warranty/. its essentially the same no fault lifetime warranty as vortex, I also have a 30 day period to send them back if I don't like them. thanks everyone for the advice, its great hearing knowledgeable opinions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I think you will be happy kupper. As far as warrantee, it looks good on paper, my problem was getting ahold of zenray when my binos broke and then getting them shipped back to me not fixed over a month later. I hope you don't have to use their warrantee is all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drhorsepower For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    it is a little late for my 2 cents, but I did not like my primes. during regular daylight hours they performed just fine, but lower value glass (vortex, Alpen) out performed when I did a side by side comparison especially in low light. I had issues with two pair that I purchased having dust on the inside of the glass. the first pair was returned quickly as they had just starting shipping them when they first came out. the second pair took much longer to return and their response time back to me was very slow.

I don't have them anymore, but would say that for a few $100 bucks more the Razor HD's would be leaps and bounds better then the Primes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JNDEER View Post
    it is a little late for my 2 cents, but I did not like my primes. during regular daylight hours they performed just fine, but lower value glass (vortex, Alpen) out performed when I did a side by side comparison especially in low light. I had issues with two pair that I purchased having dust on the inside of the glass. the first pair was returned quickly as they had just starting shipping them when they first came out. the second pair took much longer to return and their response time back to me was very slow.

I don't have them anymore, but would say that for a few $100 bucks more the Razor HD's would be leaps and bounds better then the Primes.
    thanks for the advice jndeer. I would like to note that you had an absolutely excellent review on some high quality glass. I feel like the absolute best way to really know what binocular is truly suited to you is to go about it the way you did. The thing I found most true about the primes during my research is that it performed differently for some people due to the large eye cups, I guess I'm really hoping it performs well for me, if it doesn't ill return them and most likely go with either the vipers or bump up to the meopta meostar HD. I will be able to compare my set of primes against both the vipers and razors as soon as they get here. its just challenging financially for me to spend another 1000$ on binoculars after having purchased a new spotter (vortex razor 16-48). ill keep you posted on how I feel the primes compare against the razors and vipers.

I would like to know what your thoughts were on the razors vs. the cabelas euro.

thanks!