Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post

Wyoming Unit 71 Antelope

Hey all, first time poster here at Eastman's. My group drew Antelope Unit 71. We have the maps we have the GPS Chip and heck have been all over Google-Earth (nearly have the unit memorized.) The question is what can a few DIY'ers expect out of this unit? We have hunted Unit 42 and Unit 29 in the past and will be willing to share some information.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 6 Posts
    Welcome to the forum ithunter. You will get many more, and better, responses if you head over to the new members section and introduce yourself. There are many great people on here that will be able to help you out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    What he said above! Also, what do you mean by that question? A simple answer would be that you can expect to have fun, probably see a decent amount of animals, and also shoot a few critters if you get out and hunt properly. Short of that I don't know what to tell you with that open ended question you posed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    Head over to the new members section and tell us about yourself and your group of guys.

We are here to help out but some guys just like to know your not just here to get a question answered and then bail out on them. There are many folks here that will give you solid info.

Welcome to the forum and stick around and soak up the info here.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think unit 71 has alot of private prop,,there should be lopers to be had if you can find the ground to hunt on,,,I hunted unit 72 a year ago and didnt have to look very far for lopers,,,a quality buck may take more time though,,good luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the input, I'll head over to the new members section. After talking to the Casper Region Fish and Game folks last night I can confirm with Ore Hunter what I already knew, 71 is a lot of private ground but has more public than 72 but not as much as 70. Those three units all share the same herd

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://wgfd.wyo.gov/plpwhmprogram/up...na/Natrona.pdf

Natrona County walk-in Area 7 is huge. The walk-in areas are well marked, so that might be a place to try. Depending on where the herd is moving I guess.

Those Game and Fish guys are pretty helpful. I would hate answering phone calls all day that sound the same, but they seem to be really helpful. I have only driven through there, but regularly see antelope from the road. Well good luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    http://wgfd.wyo.gov/plpwhmprogram/up...na/Natrona.pdf

Natrona County walk-in Area 7 is huge. The walk-in areas are well marked, so that might be a place to try. Depending on where the herd is moving I guess.

Those Game and Fish guys are pretty helpful. I would hate answering phone calls all day that sound the same, but they seem to be really helpful. I have only driven through there, but regularly see antelope from the road. Well good luck.
    They must also have some pretty good spouses because I believe the phone numbers for them are mostly at their homes!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Colorado's Hunters Help line is pretty good also. you just have to be prepared to turn all the pages with them cause they are thorough.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ithunter View Post
    Colorado's Hunters Help line is pretty good also. you just have to be prepared to turn all the pages with them cause they are thorough.
    You lost me with that post about CO when we're talking your Wyoming hunt here! Was that just mentioned to help perspective CO hunters?