Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Anyone Else in AZ Chomping at the Bit?

I don't know about y'all but I am freaking excited about archery deer opening up here in AZ this weekend. I can focus on little else. We finally got some heavy monsoon action over the last couple days to fill up the washes and water holes and, for whatever its worth, the moon is favorable this weekend too. Was in the New River area last weekend and there was still a little water in places from the last rain (thank God I came back when I did else I might not be here to post this). Didn't see any bucks but saw at least 3 does (maybe six but I'm pretty sure I saw the same 3 twice); where there are does, there are bound to be bucks eventually!

Good luck all you AZ hunters!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to micropterus79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Getting excited for elk too. Helping a buddy on his archery elk hunt for bull in unit 1. I killed a monster in unit 23 south last year and I'm still on a high from that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 385incher View Post
    Getting excited for elk too. Helping a buddy on his archery elk hunt for bull in unit 1. I killed a monster in unit 23 south last year and I'm still on a high from that.
    Yes-you have an amazing elk story! 385" really is the definition of a monster! Really looking forward to seeing pics of this recent hunt and the last! Good luck!

First archery hunting this year so starting out on some deer and javelina; want to get into archery elk for the future but I guess I better start putting in for the good tags now!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 385incher View Post
    Care to give any pointers on Unit 23? I drew a late season bull tag (11/28 thru 12/5). Never hunted elk before, but have hunted whitetail since I could walk with my grandfather/father. Been reading and training. PM me if you care to share some info. If not, I understand. Thanks in advance.