Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Howa barreled action question

A couple years ago I bought my wife a Weatherby Vangard 243 it was one of those deals that came with two stocks a youth stock and a regular one. I was thinking about buying a howa 308 barreld action for the extra stock. my question is will it fit? I thought I read somewhere that weatherby uses howa actions in there vangards but I'm not sure They look the same to me thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by RUGER M77 View Post
    A couple years ago I bought my wife a Weatherby Vangard 243 it was one of those deals that came with two stocks a youth stock and a regular one. I was thinking about buying a howa 308 barreld action for the extra stock. my question is will it fit? I thought I read somewhere that weatherby uses howa actions in there vangards but I'm not sure They look the same to me thanks
    It is my understanding they are generally compatable, but I have seen a stock or two that specifically said it would fit one and not the other. I'd guess if you could ask Howa, giving them the year model ect. of your Vanguard, you may get what you seek. There may be a Howa forum or a Howa section on a rifle forum that could help too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ok thanks I'll try that

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Check and see what the aftermarket stock manufactures have to say. If they list the same model/item # stock for both the Howa and the Vanguard you should be good to go. I've worked with a couple new Vanguards and I do know that they are the same, that being said.....its always good to double check