Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eyeglasses and optics

I am looking to upgrade my optics. I wear glasses and don't want to have to take them off when I am looking through my optics. I understand longer eye relief is important when it comes to optics and glasses. What I want to know is those of you that have glasses what optics have you had success with?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    unless glasses sit close to your eyes, like really close you will be better off with a bino that offers at least 16mm for eye relief. otherwise you just aren't getting the full field of view that the binos were designed to offer. what about contacts? most binos have those rubber eye relief gaurds that will pop up for glass wearers but that doesn't really do much other than shield sun, closer your actual eye is to the bino the better the field of view.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For binos I use the Swarovski SLC 10x42 that work really well with glasses. Keep the eye cups turned in all the way when you have glasses on and you will have the full field of view. My spotter is the 85 mm Vortex razor and again screw in the eye cup with glasses on for full FOV. Better yet try to get contacts for hunting and you will be much happier. Most higher end optics have favorable FOV for both types of users

Good luck

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have tried contacts and it just doesn't work for me. I was never able to get them in. I was supposed to practice touching my eye but never got around to it... Thanks for the advice I will probally just have to try a bunch at the box stores, but no one around here carries a lot of spotting scopes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have been wearing "extended wear" contacts for about 5 years now and they are wonderful. I wear them 24/7 for about a month, then replace with new ones (your eyes will let you know when it's time to replace). Wear no rx sunglasses and no problem with optics. It is a no brainer for me.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You will eventually get used to putting in and taking out contacts. It is very awkward at first, but eventually it will be like tying your shoes. A couple times of fogging your eye glasses after a long hike and not being able to take a shot at a trophy buck will help you stick your fingers in your eyes. I speak from firsthand experience

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I wear glasses and my vortex viper hd 10x42's work well for me. The cups are all the way down and I have the bino's lightly touching my eyeglasses while viewing.

Jason Moeller

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 3 Posts
    For me the fact that glasses fog up and rain drops blur vision drove me to contacts.
    I really had no problems with my Swarovski spotting scope or binoculars wearing glasses.

I've been wearing them off an on now for about a month and a half.
    Hunting is the only reason I am teaching myself to wear the darn things.
    I actually got them in and out on the second and first tries opening weekend of Oregon Archery elk.
    When I started it was taking 15 minutes and a lot of cussing!

They worked great and I actually forgot I had them in.
    Had a great stalk on nice bull (another hunter blew my stalk) and for the first time in a long time I felt like I had great vision!
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had the same issue as contacts did not work for me. Laser vision correction was the best $2500 I spent in my entire life! I am still in amazement at having perfect eye sight and not messing with glasses 5 years later.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wish I could wear contacts or do the LASIK but my dry eyes knocks them both out. It's incredibly annoying and really hurts your vision to have sweat constantly running down your glasses when you're outdoors or at the gym.

If anyone knows of contacts someone with dry eyes can wear, let me know. My eye doctor doesn't think there are and I don't know who would know better. The only other option is having the lenses in my eyes replaced with prescription ones like they do when people get cataracts.