Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Archer's Advantage Software

Has anyone used this program to sight in their bow as highlighted in EBJ 66? I just downloaded the program and started playin with it this evening. Haven't shot any arrows yet but looking forward to see how this will work out. What have your experiences been with this program?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I used it to make my sight tape for my Black Gold Ascent sight. I must have done something right, because my sight is spot on with the tape it made for me. I also like the other attributes, like being able to see what the correct arrow for your setup might be. For me the calculated speeds were off a little as far as what my chronograph gives me, but it is fun to mess around with.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've used it before. You may have to slightly modify some input data to make minor adjustments on your tape in order to make it perfect. It's a great tool.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been using it for a couple of years on 2 different sights and it works great.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I checked out The Archers Program (TAP) after reading about it in the latest EBHJ article. It allows you a free trial where you can open it ten times before purchasing it. Pretty cool.

www.thearcheryprogram.com

I wanted to check the sight tape against where I had my sights 20-60 set. I was pretty impressed that my sights and the the sight tape lined up nearly identical. According to the tape, my 6 yard pin was a bit off, but everything else was spot on.

I am headed to the range tomorrow to see if it makes a big difference on my 60 yard pin.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Read that article and was really interested until I got to the price tag. $30 seems really steep for a simple program like that. Not that I can't afford it but it would have to do something I can't do for free to get me to bite.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use the Pinwheel "software for Archers" software it is great can calculate speed within 1 fps and do the tapes. I like its simulators and trajectory calculators. It was only 1 yard off at 80 yards for my sight tape so think of the time savings when you make changes. It has most bows, arrows, and sights in its database seems to be kept up to date.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    I used it to make my sight tape for my Black Gold Ascent sight. I must have done something right, because my sight is spot on with the tape it made for me. I also like the other attributes, like being able to see what the correct arrow for your setup might be. For me the calculated speeds were off a little as far as what my chronograph gives me, but it is fun to mess around with.
    Under "sight configuration" what did you enter? I also have the ascent sight.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Under "sight configuration" what did you enter? I also have the ascent sight.
    I used the 24 turn x 10 click, I think the next two are more important, peep to sight, measure(I had to have my wife measure for me) from the middle of your peep sight to the middle of your sight housing( at full draw). On peep height, measure again at full draw, from the middle of your peep sight to your arrow.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I purchased the download version of Archer's Advantage and am working on a sight tape for my bow as described in EBJ. I downloaded it to one computer and now want to download it to my laptop. The website said the purchase was good for downloads to three computers but I can't find a download link on their website (I did save the download codes). Does anyone know how to access the program again so I can download it to my laptop?

Thanks,

Horniac