Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unit 10 Rubies...

Never been that way before... Drove past it many times on my way to Idaho... Was thinking of an archery deer hunt there one day... Looks like there's good deer up high and away from the road access... Anyone have experience in that area... I don't think I would go there unless there was 190+ potential, as we hunt Co. every year and at least see a 190 - 200 class deer, so any input would be awesome... Thanks everyone
    "This is A Way of Life"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Every area has that potential. Big bucks up there,Little ones, it Is a unit that has a yon of deer is all. big amount of hunters, never applied there never will. As a non res. I think you can use your points more wisely.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have to agree with the Dr. Area 10 has so much pressure DOW had to create 3 seperate seasons to help ease hunter congestion. I would start doing some foot work by looking through past results, information sheets to help determine the areas to put in for.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well, 221 has been the unit I have been putting in for but I am not sure I want to wait that long! Trying to think of a high country unit 10,000 ft or higher that I can hunt in Nv during archery and have a chance at a monster which I can draw quicker than 221...
    "This is A Way of Life"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It's been my experience that the bigger bucks in Nevada are found in the mid and lower elevations.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylight View Post
    Never been that way before... Drove past it many times on my way to Idaho... Was thinking of an archery deer hunt there one day... Looks like there's good deer up high and away from the road access... Anyone have experience in that area... I don't think I would go there unless there was 190+ potential, as we hunt Co. every year and at least see a 190 - 200 class deer, so any input would be awesome... Thanks everyone
    If you are looking for the 190's, you better put in some serious time up on the hill. Was in there last year and and saw one booner, and he was not in a spot where a guy could get an arrow into him. I hope you are ok with hiking in 10-12 miles to get to the areas that hold bigger class deer. Once the story from Hanes and Cox got out, the Ruies were POUNDED for about 3 years straight. If you want big bucks, look at 231, if you can draw it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'll have to agree with every thing stated above. I've been hunting area 10 with both bow and muzzleloader for the last 7 years and have only witnessed one 180" buck killed out of there. Its true that 1 or 2 booners come out of area 10 every year but they are few and far between. Area 6 and 7 and the other areas listed above are much better choices for big bucks. Also the areas in the Reno area. fatrooster.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There are big bucks in every unit. Just do your scouting and you'll find them... I drew an extremely easy unit to draw this year, and I've found a few really good bucks...