Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Area 74

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Thanks Justin for the info. The area biologist told me to skip the opener also, which I plan to do. I plan to camp on BLM land and spend 7 or 8 days hunting if I need to. I'm ordering all the BLM maps for the area and possibly a custom map to. I will have to drive into town for gas and a shower. Can gas be found in all the smaller towns in the area? I got a name and # for a processor in Riverton and hopefully we can work a deal if I get all three processed there.
    Thanks again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sound like some good times, yeah hiland sometimes has fuel but I would not count on it, your best bet would be shoshoni for any quick fuel ups, Good luck this fall.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I haven't seen one fact!!! Just like saying Ace owns most of area 74, when in fact he is north of the highway!!! Also I am not a gas employee, just more of your BS, bro!!! I was giving fish encouragement on his area, that I also have a tag in... Fish if you like I could get you numbers of the land owners in the area... Just a little FYI, justin, I do work for all the land owners in that area... As a matter of fact I will be out there tomorrow doing work for Spratt's... Funny how you did some name dropping...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    chad, when u comin over to douglas

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Definitely in September for archery elk!!! Can't hardly wait... Tie a big one to a tree for me!!! Gonna scout some more around here for goats and deer this weekend... The girls are coming to Douglas this weekend...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    U draw a bull tag? You and I are the only ones out of everyone over here that drew

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just curious, your saying the spratts dont own any land south of the highway, I know they do... way to turn this thread into a bash just help the guy and be done with it. Sounds like your hunting spratts place if you work for him.
    Last edited by myselfandi; 07-20-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was helping Fiah out by telling him that the winter wasn't as bad as justin was making it sound... The antelope are looking great as I see them and others in this area... Seen lots of fawns on on Deer Creek, which is a great sign... I had a conversation with Bill about the goats and he agreed that they are doing great, he did say that the deer herds aren't what they use to be years ago... As far as calling Ace to get on that property it won't do you any good, because as I mentioned earlier Ace doesn't own on that side of the highway... You are correct to say Spratts do, just not Ace... That is TJ Spratts on that side... So I apologize for coming off like that, but I felt because I had a different opinion on the winter in this area that I was wrong... Which I live and work in this area, so I should at least be allowed my opinion... Which is he shouldn't have a problem getting a 75" or better goat in this area... I seen several in that range today... Farther towards Casper there may have been more snow, closer to Moneta not so much... Had a late storm that had us concerned for the younger goats though...
    Last edited by chadderbox; 07-20-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah I dont know about the shoshoni side, but from moneta to just east of waltman got it pretty good. I hunt and trap alot of that country and it was not very pleasant out there this year so maybe thats were he/she is coming from. I have put in for 75 since I was allowed to, and my dad has hunted that for years before that. This was the first year I did not put in for it cause of the snow pack. Maybe across the highway was different, dont know. Even the yotes I got looked like hell. I dont think its hard to get a 72+ goat anywhere. The only thing I wish is that everyone would get the start shooting older bucks and let the little one grow mentality. Its amazing to see what some folks smack, but to each his own. Good luck this fall, this has been an interesting thread.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    justinthedoc, I sent you a pm.