Thanks

Area 45 Archery only

I drew an archery only tag for elk area 45. This is my first year archery hunting, and first year hunting that area. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting into elk in this area. I went up towards Buck Mountain/Soldier Creek area and saw a pretty good herd of 20-30 elk. Even though the season is a month+ away, seeing elk up there is exciting. My guess is they won't be in that same area when September rolls around. I appreciate any information that anyone has to offer about this area.

Thanks

Thanks
    This may be a dumb question, but what state?

Thanks
    The only dumb part is that I forgot to say what state. It is Wyoming. I guess I assumed that everyone hunts in WY

Thanks
    lol I figured that's what you meant.. Haha but I figured I would ask first.. I didnt want to start naming off places and then you ask me WTH I'm talking about.. I have seen pretty good elk in previous years in the Hyattville area. If you go outside of Hyattville there is an old logging road and its pretty good. Also, South Brokeback has pretty good elk also. I watch the area usually pretty closely because I shed hunt a lot over there. I havent watched it this year though, I drew a 38 tag so I need to start watching there!

Thanks
    One of my friends has a 45 tag also so if I hear them talk about seeing some good bulls, I will let you know the whereabouts

Thanks
    Thank you so much for the info. Another friend of mine mentioned Hyattville also. I will look into those areas you mentioned. There is so much country over there. It's kind of overwhelming. Thanks again, and good luck in 38.

Thanks
    Congrats, that is the tag i put in for every year, I have had the privlige of drawing it 5 times in the last 8 years. The entire area holds good elk. It sounds like you have started in a good spot, dont be afraid to get off the beaten path and you should have some great encouters. I personally have been into elk in most areas of the entire unit, but I prefer to backpack into the wilderness. Its not necessary but the remotness is what I crave. Hunt hard and good luck. I also know guys that have killed rutting elk right where you spotted them.
    Hunt Hard

Thanks
    Thanks for the positive and encouraging words. I have heard from several people that it is a good area. I look forward to exploring some more of the area before and during the season. I will keep this post updated on how it's going.

Thanks Again and good luck this season as well.

Thanks
    That's funny that you are from Gillette! My other friend that has a 45 tag lives in Gillette also.. I live in Sheridan but also live in Pine Haven! So not too far from you!

Thanks
    It sounds like you live in two nice areas. I'm looking forward to all the public land during elk season. We don't have too much of that around Gillette.