Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

whisker biscuit VS fall away

Just curious on everyone's thoughts on whisker biscuits VS fall away arrow rests?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Whisker biscuits are a very effective and easy to use arrow rest that do not effect arrow trajectory and the speed that you do loose is only about 1-3 fps... I switched to drop away simply because they do get a little fletch contact with blazer vanes. Used a biscuit for a couple years with great success...
    "This is A Way of Life"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The whisker biscuit is an "ok" rest. After much debate, I did a little expierment. I compared the biscuit with a trophy taker drop away. My thought was that the biscuit was going to have some effect on overall arrow flight due to the resistance when the fletchings went throuh the bristles. My findings were at 20 yrds POI was the same. 30 drop poi was 1" higher than buiscuit. 40 was almost 3" higher POI. 60yrds as roughly 4.5" difference. We also set up chrono. at 6 feet biscuit shot app. 3 fps slower than dropaway set-up. at 30 yards buscuit was app. 14fps slower. The numbers speak for themselves. The resistance from the bristles onthe biscuit does in fact reduce your arrow speed and i would also say your KE. Another point I would argue is when your out in therain or snow. the water those bristles hold will also have an effect on your arrow. those were my findings. I now shoot a QAD HD pro and love it. The key to drop aways are timing. In y humble opinion they are well worth the money and time to set them up. All that said, I always carry an old two prong rest for a back-up. The drop aways can malfunction in more ways than one. lol.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have shot nothing but whisker biscuit rests since I switched to beyond parallel compound bows. Before that these rests didn't exist lol.

I shoot groups tight enough they touch, and often enough that break arrows to a point my wife has me on an arrow budget. My groups that touch have been recorded on film out to 50 yards on a regular basis. Twice now I have inserted one arrow into the other (robinhooded) and I shoot carbon arrows. I also use blazer 2" vanes on my arrows and don't have any POI issues.

Whisker biscuits have NO failures anytime ever. Full capture rests for in the field spot and stalk hunting is invaluable, weather its a true whisker biscuit or other similar style rest.
    ElkCrazedFrk did bring up one issue..that is ice build up in the whiskers. That said...its not a rest failure, its a hunters choice to hunt in insane weather...lol The bristles though themselves will not freeze.

From the manufactures own website..to address shot POI...here is something that I can attest to. I quote...
    ' "Does it affect accuracy?"
    Archie Nesbitt has taken over 40 SCI world records with the Whisker Biscuit. You can't achieve a resume like that without every component on your bow being accurate. Is the Whisker Biscuit accurate? Ask Archie Nesbitt.'

I am not Archie...however, my own shooting experience has shown for itself it works.

This argument will go on and on in both directions...its up to you to shoot what you like best.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I started archery hunting last year after I bought a used rig off a buddy from work. The whisker biscuit worked just fine, my only problem was since I drew a great elk tag last year I shot the tar out of that bow last summer. By the end of the summer my fletchings were trashed. I've since switched to a Ripcord drop away and I've been very impressed. The drop away has the obvious benefit of no contact with the fletchings. My $0.02.
    See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. ~Colossians 2:8~

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I shoot a whisker biscuit because there is no losing the arrow in the heat of battle. I have had no problems with accuracy or fletching problems. I shoot Blazer veins with thousands of shots on them ... no issues.

I don't have any reason to mess with a drop-away.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Keep in mind,I'm not saying that your accuracy is compromised. What my findings suggested is there is resistance right out of the bow which will effect your arrow. Water and or ice will compound that by a significant amount. Therefore changing your normal
    POI. So I guess maybe I am saying your accuracy could be compromised depending on the elements. Is it worth worrying about? I dont know? I guess it is to me. I'm kind of anal that way though. Thats said, alot of people use them with good results.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It should also be mentioned that guys like Archie Nesbitt are afforded the opportunities to hunt animals in places most of us will ever be able to

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I believe for a beginner archer there is no better rest than a whisker biscuit. I shot one for many years, and you could shoot that thing upside down. When hunting in a tree stand it was great because you didn't have to worry about your arrow falling off. I had friends that shot drop away rests, and every once in a while when they would draw back fast the arrow would bounce off the rest. Not for me I thought. Then the Ripcord came out where you can cock up the rest and get the benefit of a drop away. For me my groups were a lot better at longer distances, and I wasn't having to refletch arrows all of the time due to the whisker biscuit. I did find that blazer vanes held up the best with a whisker biscuit. I think it is all preference, I like the drop away you can cock in the upright position.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 3 Posts
    When the WB came out, I got tired of hearing all the hype. I just knew there was no way a rest designed like that could be efficient. I was even one that used to say, "the only good biscuit is one with gravy on it." Then I decided to test it and several other rests using a Hooter Shooter machine to get a fair study.

Here's the bottom line. I ate my words to all those WB shooters! The ONLY difference the WB has is an insignificant slower fps than the drop away rests. It averaged 2 feet per second slower than my Trophy Taker rest, Rip cord, and Muzzy rest. The WB also shot absolute perfect holes through paper, and with 2" Blazer vanes shot broadheads exceptionally well with no vane damage over extended shooting periods.

I also dunked the WB bristles in water and froze them in the deep freeze. After several days of being in the freezer with some iced bristles, I quickly shot it through the Hooter Shooter and looked for any differences. There was none. So again, I had to eat my words.

It's a very functional rest that, if tuned correctly, will shoot very well and not cost you fps. It's simple to use with no moving parts. However, I found you need to shoot smaller vanes (Blazer Fusion, etc.), as the larger length vanes tend to wear out after numerous shots. Overall, both types of rests work well. Just my opinion and results from an unbiased test.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer