Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My buddy uses a WB on his Matthews Monster, it seems like the biscuit wears out easily with putting arrows in and that the wiskers don't stay straight or even and eventually will cause the arrow to fly funny, just my two cents. He has only shot maybe 200-250 arrows through it and past 30 yards it is noticable that his groups aren't as consistent as when it was new.....thoughts ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sounds like a spine issue with his arrow. Again, if tuned properly, the WB works flawlessly. I had a lot of apologies to give once I completed the test with the shooting machine.....trust me it was tough.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have over 2000 shots on mine. Yes the whiskers are not as tight as they once were. But the black ones...the true part of the rest are fine. When you shoot a WB, you need to put your cock feather/Fletching straight up. You never want a feather/fletching to touch the black rest.
    I have had mine paper tuned twice this last spring, and both times my results were perfect holes. I was going to replace the whiskers but decided against it.
    If you want to test a group size..put the bow in question on a hooter shooter device. Take the archer out of the equation. Paper tune the shots on the device to fix any arrow tuning issues, as well as, bow tune up issues. Use some of the newer lazer tuners to find your alignment of the rest. Then do some grouping with the device. If there is a whisker issue..its going to show. If you get your set up tuned correctly from the beginning, these rests last a very very long time.

I see a lot of people mentioning their whisker biscuit rest is tearing fletchings off. This is either an arrow bending too much.(shooting too weak of a spin for your set up). Or your not square to your bow and the arrow is coming out off set.
    Also fletchings get ripped and torn by tight groups as the tips of the second third, etc arrows cross over the fletchings of the arrows already in the target and can tear them as they pass.
    If you find the fletching in the whiskers..check your bow for proper set up.
    If you find the fletching bits near your target, its your tight groups ripping them off.

If your really blessed, and know someone with a high speed camera? Have them video your bow in action from several angles. Its really cool to see how it all comes together, and sometimes you can see the areas that need attention.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    IMO it comes down to the range you plan on shooting. The WB is bullet proof but affects your accuracy outside of 50 yards in a noticeable way at least for me. I shot it on a Mathews Legacy and switchback for many years. When I switched to a fall away my groups tightened significantly. I am setup so my shooting ablilty and conditions dictate the range not KE or Pins. If you are a tree stand hunter the WB makes sense but if you need to stretch out farther the fall away is king. I shoot a Monster MR5 at 347fps and have no clearance issues with a QAD Ultra XDX. I have not shot enough to say much more than this my group was about 3" at 80 yards the last time I was out and I don't have my grip or cheek weld dialed in yet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ive found my biscuit only likes to shoot blazer veins, other wise my groups arnt too tight

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm no bow tunning freak, but the reason I switched to a fall away, was YOU WILL TORK the bow one time or another. As soon as I started using it my 40 yrd group got tighter. So if someone can shoot one of those WB's really well, then just think how much better they could be shooting, with a good fall away. As far as arrows falling off durring the stalk, they now make newer versions that are'nt as vulnerable to falling off.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BOHNTR View Post
    When the WB came out, I got tired of hearing all the hype. I just knew there was no way a rest designed like that could be efficient. I was even one that used to say, "the only good biscuit is one with gravy on it." Then I decided to test it and several other rests using a Hooter Shooter machine to get a fair study.

Here's the bottom line. I ate my words to all those WB shooters! The ONLY difference the WB has is an insignificant slower fps than the drop away rests. It averaged 2 feet per second slower than my Trophy Taker rest, Rip cord, and Muzzy rest. The WB also shot absolute perfect holes through paper, and with 2" Blazer vanes shot broadheads exceptionally well with no vane damage over extended shooting periods.

I also dunked the WB bristles in water and froze them in the deep freeze. After several days of being in the freezer with some iced bristles, I quickly shot it through the Hooter Shooter and looked for any differences. There was none. So again, I had to eat my words.

It's a very functional rest that, if tuned correctly, will shoot very well and not cost you fps. It's simple to use with no moving parts. However, I found you need to shoot smaller vanes (Blazer Fusion, etc.), as the larger length vanes tend to wear out after numerous shots. Overall, both types of rests work well. Just my opinion and results from an unbiased test.
    I though the EXACT same way you did when the biscuits first came out.......and than I tried one. Ate my words as well.

Easy to set up and tune, hands down the most bullet proof hunting rest there is. Ive always said, if the military still used bows and arrows, theyd have a biscuit on em!

I do disagree with the long/short vanes though. I shoot 4" AAE plastifletch (a little heavier vane) with no problems, I usually loose or break practice arrows before the vanes show any wear.