Thread: gmu 80

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

gmu 80

I will be bow hunting elk in gmu 80 this year. Anyone have any thoughts on this gmu. thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The Handkerchief Mesa can be good. I have found elk and bear on fox mountain, and it might be the easiest to hunt and get game out. My first choice would be east of Summitville at 11,600. Altitude could cause problems. Every year 125 or more elk spend part of the summer between Grayback mt and North mt. They disperse to the Handkerchief mesa, Bonito Mtn, and Wrightman Fork, Elephant, and Cropsy Mtn. Last year there were 6 good 6x6 bulls around Summitville. I saw one with a small herd of cows come out of Wrightman. If it snows it is over, might as well leave that area. There is a USFS cabin 6 miles away at Elwood Pass, I have stayed there. Good luck and a friend of mine will be in that area next week, maybe he can add something.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    thanks for the reply . this is my first archery elk hunt in colorado. we are packing in from summitville rd.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sunday there was 150-200 elk on North Mountian. Most will go to the northwest for your archery season. They won't be far.