Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I pre-make all of my PBB sandwiches back at home. I put them in a sandwich bag and then, similar to what RUTTIN said, I place my entire days food in one, 1-gallon zip-lock bag. It's a great way to keep your food organized and it is easy to grab in the morning without having to try and sort through everything.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P View Post
    I tried the whole PB, bacon and honey thing on a tortilla, but I found that I really didn't get too hungry at lunch time. I preferred to just snack small throughout the day. I guess everyone is a little different, you kinda have see what else you're eating during the rest of your day. I had intentions of doing the tuna packets, but the smell and the garbage steered me away.
    RUTTIN - x2. The gallon size fits a days worth of food and makes for a good garbage bag.

The peanut butter, honey and bacon on whole wheat bread is good, but requires lots of water to get down. I usually eat it the first day or two as I don't want bacon to be out for longer hunting in the heat of CA. I store it in a zip loc in the gallon size zip loc bag.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We buy the pre-cooked bacon. Its light, easy, needs no refigerations, and it keeps the scent down. Between two of us, each pack last two days of lunches. We also get the Jif singles PB. They're just the right amount of PB. "Borrowing" some of the little honey packets from KFC works well also. Have done bagels, tortillas, and last season went to the flat buns. With the exception of the bacon, it all goes in the gallon bag that others have described.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just food for thought, but I take my food out of the loud rappers and put them into ziplock bags that make much less noise when opened. I called Wilderness Athlete back in the day and told them since they are a hunting company they should make some stealth noise free rappers. Those suckers are the loudest thing in the woods when you go to open one up... This may sound over the top, but I'm a bowhunter and being quiet even from afar is very important too me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    dont know if if will keep but going to try it this year. we make a pasta salad with salami, noodle, and cheese ect... topped of with a italian dressing. right before we leave make it up, vac-seal individual meals and put it in coolers on the drive up, then if to hot out store it in the creek. figured being in vinger base dressing and vac sealed should keep good. plus it served cold so just need a spoon. just a thought

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not a bad idea, I bet if the salami is dry and the cheese is a harder Parmesan style it would keep for a while. I'm thinking I may have to try that, with a few baco bits and some black olives thrown in.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm right there with reflex and ruttin. PB and bacon all the way. There is a ton of calories and protien in one sandwich. I'll eat half at midmorning. If I'm out all day I'll eat the other half mid to late afternoon. I also pack some trailmix and candy and 2litres of water and a littler of gatorade..Well vitamin water now.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    All this talk of Peanut butter/bacon/honey sandwiches makes me want to throw up. Hahaha. It doesnt sound very good at all... But I wont say much until I actually try it..

Elkcrazedfrk- very good choice on the vitamin water

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Any idea how many days cooked beacon will last?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    PB and bacon sandwiches will certainly fill the void! Between good protein and both short and long term carbs it realy hits thespot for me. Afterwards I feel well energized for the remainder of the day.

Last year was my first year with them and they will be a staple for a while. Not only did it fill the belly but it seem ed to be a bit of physcological boost as well. I think I'll give salami a try as well just to mix it up a bit as well.

Good luck this year boys.