Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Badlands

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 69 Times in 6 Posts
    I also have a badlands day pack and have found it to sqeak quite a bit. I have used it for 4 years now, and the older the pack gets, the more noise it makes. I am finding myself only using this pack when it is raining due to the water that gets on the pack makes it stop squeking. More and more I am using a larger pack with less gear for packing into it those day long trips that I don't plan on staying the night in the woods. But, with the larger pack I am able to take more essentials with me so that if things go south I have what I need to spend the night under the stars.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have two 2800's that I have used for several years. They are solid packs and have never squeaked. Both packs hold the weight of the meat close to the spine and as a result haul meat very well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I bought an Ox frame because I found one on sale. When I tried it on, I found the waist belt was made for NFL lineman. I called Badlands to see if I could trade the waist belt in for a smaller one, and was told it only came in one size (bummer). It seems like all my posts lately have been negative attributes of products I have used; must be the Scrooge in me... Bah Humbug! Using a Mystery Ranch NICE Load Sling now and really like it (hey,that was nice!). Happy Holidays!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just got a smaller waist-belt for my badlands 4500 pack. I had to talk to three or four different representatives at Badlands customer service before one finally said they could cut one down a few inches to fit my 28" waist. You are right about the packs being built for bigger framed individuals. I just got a Eberlestock Just One pack and that one fits my smaller frame much better than the Badlands, not to mention the torso length is far more adjustable.

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Haisen; 12-27-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have 3 Badlands packs for different types of hunting and none of them squeak. I have the 2200 for out West and a Super Day and a Pursuit for here in Texas type hunting. I think they are "first class" and the best pack on the market. I wouldn't trade mine for any other brand!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a badlands 2800 that I strap to a alps mountaineering frame. It works great! I liked the ox frame but not the price. It feels like it could be something I would set on a shelf. What did you end getting?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I went to the store yesterday and tried on the 2200, 2800, sacrifice and the ox with and with-out pack. Before going I thought I wanted the sacrifice but it is really noisy and didn't fit as well as I had hoped. The other three packs felt and would work great, all depends on what type of hunt your looking at (daypack, 3-day, 5-day). Personally I think I am going to give the ox with pack a try, really was impressed with the option to slide some meat in close to your back and still pack out your camp. I own an eberlestock x-1 and j-107, both work great as well. There is no perfect pack out there, most of us our gear junkies and will just keep buying more.